The office of Frank Baylis, MP for Pierrefonds-Dollard, is currently looking for a Legislative Assistant to begin work in September 2017.
The Assistant is the primary aide to the MP in the capital. Working in a challenging environment, the Legislative Assistant is responsible for legislative support and research, office administration, public relations work, external stakeholder liaison and joint operations with various parliamentary offices.
Skills and experience preferred:
- Must be bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written.
- Must submit and clear a security check.
- Have an interest and understanding of Canadian politics.
- Have an interest and understanding of the MP’s constituency.
- Have communication, organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to deal with people diplomatically and with tact.
- Ability to respond effectively to short-term demands; able to work long hours as needed.
- Ability to research, synthesize and analyze complex policy issues in a short period of time.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that due to time constraints, only retained applicants will be contacted.